Con la cámara de tu teléfono móvil, escanea el siguiente código y descarga la app de Kindle.
Sigue al autor
The Vocabulary Detective: How to get meaning from context. A guide for English learners B1-C1 Tapa blanda – 19 enero 2022
Mejora tu compra
This book aims to help English learners from intermediate to advanced levels to develop the important skill of working out the meaning of words and expressions from the context. At some point all language learners are encouraged to do this to expand their vocabulary. The big question is how do you do it?
The secret is that the context nearly always contains clues, you just have to know how to find them. This book consists of a detailed guide to the simple questions you should ask yourself and the types of clues you can expect to find in any text. Then there are six entertaining short stories to help you practice the skill. Highlighted in each story are a number of words and expressions. At the end of the stories are vocabulary detective’s notes which give the questions to ask and the clues to notice. But there is no glossary. Instead, your task is to use those clues to work out the meaning for yourself.
Perhaps the most important benefit of learning vocabulary like this is that you get a sense of how words are used in different ways and with different meanings when they appear in different contexts. But it should also reduce the number of times you have to look up words in the dictionary and therefore make reading more enjoyable and more effective in expanding your vocabulary.
The stories tell of:
- A doctor attacked on the way to an emergency.
- A young man’s brief encounter with a Hollywood star.
- A clash of superstition and good intentions on Christmas Day.
- The guilty secret behind a stunning photo.
- A small mistake with serious consequences.
- And, finally, a dilemma for our times.
Detalles del producto
- ASIN : B09QP22T76
- Editorial : Independently published (19 enero 2022)
- Idioma : Inglés
- Tapa blanda : 131 páginas
- ISBN-13 : 979-8771411583
- Peso del producto : 150 g
- Dimensiones : 12.7 x 0.76 x 20.32 cm
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº76 en Diccionarios (Libros)
- Opiniones de los clientes: